Sunday, March 9, 2014

DAY 227

I'm home for Spring Break! And today, in a move that shocked my entire family, I decided to spend my first day of vacation doing something outdoors and educational (ish) as opposed to spending it in bed eating obscene amounts of Oreos and watching every episode of Gilmore Girls like I usually do.

Since my roommates were in town for the day, we decided to go to Georgetown to do some shopping- and eating- and then go into DC to see the Natural History museum and some monuments.



A cute statue I found in Georgetown

I found some good sales at H&M, tried cuttlefish at a Spanish restaurant (which my roommate failed to mention until after we had ordered is potentially deadly), and naturally went to Sprinkles cupcakes for some probably unnecessary but very much welcome dessert. 



My mini cupcake- red velvet! so damn good
 
This is a bacon cupcake. I know what you're thinking- ew- but apparently it tasted like everything that's right with breakfast so I'd definitely give it a try if you're ever at Sprinkles!
 
 
We then went to Washington DC to see some monuments. It was very touristy, as usual, but as it was a surprisingly nice day, it was still so pretty outside. I took this picture at the TJ memorial (I go to UVa, it had to be done) and the view is incredible! #nofilter #literallythough
 
 
Now, finally, on to the OOTD. I wore a basic H&M A-line dress with a knit cardigan over top to give the illusion of two separate pieces. Then I added tights and an infinity scarf because no matter how much I like to delude myself, it is still unfortunately winter and therefore freezing. Ugh.




 
Dress- H&M
Cardigan- my mother's
Booties- JustFab
Scarf- Lord & Taylor
Earrings- Greece
 
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment