Tuesday, March 4, 2014

DAY 225

I never thought the day would come, but it has. I've run out of sweaters and cardigans. Anyone who lives in Virginia can testify to the fact that we have literally experienced all four seasons in the span of a few days and as such I've worn out all my outerwear and there is (unfortunately) only a limited amount of times I wear the same thing before it gets to be laundry day.

I've turned to scarves to fix this. Inspired by one of my professors (I know), I decided to drape one of my bigger scarves and use it as a shawl on a day where Virginia decided to be Spring. The overall effect is a sophisticated vibe that I personally like and reminds me of  the style of Audrey Hepburn or Jackie O. Or my 50 year old media professor.

I made it a bit more age-appropriate and casual by wearing jeans and a simple black long-sleeve t-shirt. The result is the re-invention of the scarf as the perfect light outerwear. It's so versatile and can be used as anything from an unexpected accessory to an outfit to a blanket to be used in a freezing cold airplane cabin, making it the perfect travel necessity.
Plus, it gives a new use to the multitude of scarves I'm sure you own and wear out every day.

Check out the article I wrote on my roommate on College Fashionista! If you didn't know, I intern for them and document uni street style; a task that is a lot more daunting than I originally thought. Find the article here.

 


 
Scarf- Italy
Jeans- American Eagle
Shirt- Old Navy
Boots- JustFab.com
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment