This potentially life-changing thing is hot chocolate brownies.
Yes, that is in fact brownies made from hot chocolate mix. And they are damn good.
This recipe was created out of sheer desperation at a dark time in my life (this afternoon) when I had no ready food in my apartment, and even worse, no chocolate. All I had were a few Swiss Miss packets and three hours to kill while watching "The Wolf of Wall Street". Thus, hot chocolate brownies were born.
They are ridiculously easy to make and taste so so good, especially if you take them out a little before they are fully cooked! I made one tray and they are already gone. 10/10 would recommend to a friend.
RECIPE FOR HOT CHOCOLATE BROWNIES-
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 3-4 hot chocolate mix packets (just plain ones, make sure there aren't marshmallows!) or about 1/2 cup hot chocolate powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8, 9x9, or 9" round cake pan, depending on the desired thickness, with parchment paper. Spray some Pam on the parchment paper (including the sides of the pan).
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, sugar, and vanilla, then whisk in the eggs and mix until thoroughly combined. Make sure there are no granules left!
3) In a slightly smaller bowl, stir the flour, hot chocolate mix, baking powder, and salt.
4) Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture and stir well. Pour into pan, and bake for about 35-40 minutes. **I recommend checking around 30 minutes in case you want a gooey-er consistency**
5) Let sit to cool for about five minutes before cutting, then enjoy!
These would be BOMB with either whipped cream or with vanilla ice cream, so get creative! Calories don't count when it comes to chocolate.