Tuesday, December 24, 2013

DAY 189

I dressed up a lil bit for today's Christmas Eve look. I was with my family all day and we had a church service at night, so the outfit had to be pretty conservative. It also snowed a bit today (yes, it was literally 70 degrees two days ago.. smh Virginia weather. Smh.) so I had to swap heels for boots at the last minute. These over the knee boots work well though because they are dressier than ankle booties!

I paired this soft grey turtleneck sweater over a knit black skirt. Since they both have a similar shape, the overall effect is kind of drape-y, and it looks really chic and creates a different silhouette from other more traditional skirt/sweater combinations. 

For holiday parties/dressier events, I love taking everyday, chunky, comfortable sweaters and dressing them up for the night. This can easily be done by adding tights and a skirt (go for a tight skirt under a boxy sweater, or tuck it into a skater skirt to create the illusion of a smaller waist) or even just by swapping your regular leggings for a textured pair- I like leather- and throwing on a pair of heels. Voila! You're ready to go! 





I included a pic of my hairstyle for the night. I just randomly put in a bunch of bobby pins in an attempt at a half-up hairdo but it ended up looking pretty good I think! I'm usually crap with hair so this is a big deal for me... 
Sweater- Goodwill
Skirt- Vintage
Tights- Forever 21 
Boots- JustFab
bracelet- Alex and Ani (AXO one in the bronzy colour) 
Ring- Forever 21
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment