Friday, December 6, 2013

DAY 174

Today marks the last day of fall classes! Finals start next week so here's to hoping that I refrain from wearing the same pair of leggings and a sweatshirt for the sake of this blog.

This is also the end of one of the most stressful weeks of my year. I don't know WHY professors think it's acceptable to assign papers, tests, and quizzes the week before finals, but all that plus the fact that Charlottesville essentially experienced a hurricane this morning (seriously, I saw a woman's bag of bagels being torn by the wind in front of my very eyes on my way to class. RIP to the 12 perfectly good bagels that lost their lives on this day) has led to this being my fourth day of binge eating everything in sight, not washing my hair, and using the four flights of stairs to my apartment as a substitute for the gym. 

I am always running late, so it should come as no surprise that on a rainy and cold Friday I decided to stay in bed until the very last minute, leaving me with about ten minutes to get out the door and to my class advising meeting. The result is a look that can- hopefully- be passed off as "grunge-chic". Personally I think I resemble a cross between a hobo and a cast member of Duck Dynasty, but it's Friday, and everyone deserves a day off! 

It features a rather oversized but very comfortable flannel (men's XXL, I bought 2 for $4 at a flea market!), some leggings, all-stars, and a scarf. While flannel can be trendy if styled right, my look today was more of a glorified pajama set. I recommend going for tailored flannels if you want to be comfortable yet look put together, and swap the all-stars for some booties to create a more sophisticated grunge-chic look. 






Flannel- Flea Market
Leggings- Target
Scarf- Bershka
Shoes- All-star low tops

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment