Monday, August 19, 2013

DAYS 42-66

I'm baaack!

I'm well aware that I've completely abandoned this blog for twenty five days, and hence am not sure if it qualifies as a daily style project, but I have a good excuse. Namely, I was too busy getting tan (burnt) and eating to do daily ootd's/ I had no wifi. Nonetheless, I did take a picture each day of my outfits while on vacation! 

So I guess this qualifies as my beach vacation style guide/lookbook, albeit a shit one because the pictures are not very well thought out and most of my outfits were thrown on with not much thought (honestly it was hot, I was lazy, and had a very limited desire to impress people). 

The key to packing lightly for almost a month away is packing a lot of staple pieces that can be worn many different ways- for example, I mostly rotated through three pairs of shorts and a skirt, with basic tanks or tees to switch up the colours. I also kept my shoe collection to a minimum- bringing two pairs of sandals (one black and one brown pair for versatility), flip flops, comfortable shoes for hiking excursions or the airport, and maybe a pair of wedges for dressy nights is more than enough for a month- long holiday. 

All in all, it was a really relaxing few weeks and even though I just got back two hours ago from a day of airplane travel (including a highly unwelcome four-hour layover in Canada), I already miss it so much... counting down the months till I go  back next summer!

(and that time, hopefully with a larger suitcase..)

Top- my mother's
Shorts- American Eagle
Gladiators- Greece (monastiraki)

Cardigan- Garage
Grey tank top- H&M
High waisted shorts- DIY'd

Burnt orange tank top- American Rag
Shorts- American Eagle
Coin necklace- Greece

Blue and white striped nautical top- Zara
White shorts- American Eagle
T-strap sandals- Target

Pink tank- Gap
White shorts- American Eagle

Pink top- Forever 21
Shorts- American Eagle

Red dress- Tobi
Gladiators- Monastiraki

T-strap sandals- Target
Red shorts- Marshalls
Blue silk halter top- Banana Republic

White tank top- Aeropostale
Shorts- AE

Pink bikini- H&M
Shorts- DIY'd
Aviators- Raybans

Top- my mother's
Shorts- DIY'd
Gladiators- Monastiraki

Red tank- my mother's 
Shorts- AE

White v-neck tee- Forever 21
Red skirt- thrifted & DIY'd
Sandals- Target

Button down- my mother's
Shorts- DIY'd
Flip flops- Eddie Bauer
Fedora- Monastiraki 


White v-neck- Forever 21
Shorts- AE
Flip flops- Eddie Bauer

Shirt/coverup- my mother's
Fedora- Monastiraki
Flip flops- Old Navy
Bag- Skiathos, Greece

(let me clarify that the reason I am not wearing pants is because on this day we went on a cruise to an island... I don't typically circulate pants-less. Outside my house, that is)

Orange tank- American Rag
White shorts- American Eagle

Blush pink maxi dress- Skiathos, Greece

Coral blouse- Pull& Bear
Shorts- AE
Ring- Forever 21
Gladiators- Greece
Gold dangly earrings- Target 

Grey silk tank- Zara
Sandals- Target
Skirt- thrifted then DIY'd

Black tank top- Forever 21
White shorts- AE
Fedora- Monastiraki

Top- Urban Outfitters
Shorts- AE
Gladiators- Greece

Burgundy top- Zara
Shorts- DIY'd

Tank- my mother's
Shorts- AE
Cardigan- Garage
Ivory All-Stars

Chambray shirt- Garage
Pink tank- Gap
All stars
Leggings- Papaya
(my airplane outfit on the way back to Murca)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment