Tuesday, July 23, 2013

DAY 39

I've been on the lookout for a cheap chambray shirt (for those who don't know, this is a fancy name for a jean button-down shirt) for AGES. I know there are about 50 million out there at stores like forever 21 or charlotte russe, but for some reason I could never quite bring myself to shell out even $20 for something I was convinced I could find in A) my mother's closet or B) a thrift store for less than $10.

Well, a year passed and since neither of those options ended up working, I had pretty much resigned myself to spending $20 for one of these versatile staple pieces, when I walked into my new favourite store, Garage, (see countless past posts featuring a certain cardigan) and found this baby for only $10! It was reduced from $40! See, bargain hunting and waiting patiently DOES work. Sometimes.

I love combining neutral colours like brown and black, and adding another neutral colour- in this case, the chambray shirt- is an easy and chic way to maintain a classy, effortless- looking outfit. 






Chambray top- Garage
Khaki skinnies- Forever 21
Pointed toe pumps- Target
Necklace- my mother's
Clutch- vintage

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment