Saturday, July 13, 2013

DAY 29

While looking through my closet for something to wear this morning, I found this old, Old Navy peasant-style blouse that my mother had bought me when I was 14. She told me that she had seen it featured on the Oprah show (a fact still being contested), and although I thanked her (she seemed so proud of herself for finding it), I HATED this shirt. For the next year, I would only wear it when I wanted to get on her good side or when we had a family event. Once the year was up, I hid it in the back of my closet and never really looked at it again.

This just goes to show how fashion is always changing, and while my 8th grader self might have been reluctant to wear such a baggy shirt in a time where everyone was wearing tight Abercrombie tank tops, my 19 year old self is absolutely in love with bohemian style. So when I found this, I was more than happy to give it another chance, and since it still fit, decided to incorporate it into my wardrobe once again. 

Today was damn hot, which is why I paired it with khaki shorts. However I would love to wear it again in the fall with a pair of flare jeans and some boots, giving it a more relaxed vibe. 




Green peasant blouse- Old Navy
Khaki shorts-  Esprit
Tote bag- Longchamp Le Pliage 

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment