Tuesday, July 2, 2013

DAY 18


I love the lazy and laid back "California" style; the one everyone sees on tumblr and pinterest and Brandy hauls. It's become a huge trend in the past few years and one that is really easy to re-create. 

Lately, I've also been really into designing and DIY-ing clothes. I learned how to sew in 8th grade home ec, so I really have a lot to catch up on (the only thing I can actually sew from scratch are pillows... so if anyone wants a pillow I got it, but other than that I'm pretty much screwed), but hopefully by the end of the summer, I'll have made a few pieces! Since I work for such long hours daily doing basically nothing but folding towels, I've had a lot of time to devote to sketching and have come up with a few mini-collection ideas.

DIY-ing is much easier, and I love giving old thrifted items a new look. That's part of the reason I love this hippie/boho style- it's really, REALLY easy to DIY for less than $10! For example, the staple items of this wardrobe are crop tops and high-waisted items, particularly shorts. How easy is it to buy old t-shirts and give them new life by cropping them and adding cut outs as needed? Or for shorts, an old pair of high-waisted pants (currently on the look-out for coloured denim to DIY) can easily be given a whole new look with some lace, fabric paint, and bleach.



Crop infinity love top- Tobi
Cardigan- Garage
High waisted shorts- DIY'd (& yes, I know I wear them a lot)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment